Monday 11 December 2017

INTERNATIONAL ART AND SOUL - CHALLENGE NO 23 - LOTS OF SPARKLE


Morning everyone - this fortnight over at the International Art and Soul challenge our theme is - whoopee - 'Lots of Sparkle' and as I'm in full Christmas mode I made another Christmas card!!



I use images on most of my cards,  'cos I love to colour and use markers - this must stem from when I was a little girl and I had those lovely Crayola crayons - but this time I just used my dies.   The snowflake die-cut is sitting in an embossed 'reverse' shape of itself, which is explained in the video link in the next paragraph.

One of the ladies in an FB group I'm in told us about a lady called Jennifer McGuire (I've added a link to her page) and she did a technique called 'Reverse Die Impressions'.  Well I watched the video and was totally drawn in, many of you will probably have seen this but it's new to me and I wanted to try it out.  I won't explain how I did it 'cos I wouldn't do it justice.  Just take a peek at Jennie's handiwork - it's beautiful and I must admit I'm quite pleased with the results of my efforts too!!

Soooo it's all up to you now - as I said yesterday I know it's a busy time of year but if you have any last minute cards to create, make sure they sparkle and enter them into our challenge (here).  We'd love to see your creations although, of course, they don't have to be Christmas cards!!!

Catch up with you later and thanks again for checking out my blog.  Sending you big hugs.

LoveSuexxx

7 comments:

  1. Morning Sue, what a gorgeous snowflake your card is stunning and I love all the sequins too.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue this is a stunning Christmas card I love the snowflake and all the bling. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snowflake is beautiful and the sparkle is fantastic. Have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2018. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Sue, love all the sparkle, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, Sue, love the sparkly design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, this is sparklingly gorgeous! I love the techniques! thanks for the link, too. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wheeeeee! I'm the lucky recipient of one of these card designs and I love it, Soupie!! The photo doesn't do the schparkle justice!! I love the little tag you put on mine! Happy Holiday Hugs to you and the Maestro! Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx