Sunday 18 September 2016

OSAAT CHALLENGE - NO 271 - ANYTHING GOES WITH A SPECIAL DAY (birthday, anniversary etc. )



Hi there fellow bloggers - it's time to post my next card for the OSAAT challenge and our theme this fortnight is 'A Special Day' which could be birthday, anniversary, birth, christening, Father's Day, Mother's Day - you get the gist.  Anyway I thought back to when I took my early retirement and I was as happy as Larry to be able to 'do my own thing' at last.  This image just made me chuckle and as she looks loads like me (cough cough!) I thought it was just perfect for a retirement occasion.



I thought the sentiment below was just so apt for this card so I printed it off and used some pink foil over the top and popped it through my favourite piece of equipment, my Minc machine.  I know it looks black on here but irl it blends beautifully with the rest of the colours on here.



Ingredients

7" x 7" White card blank - Anna Marie Designs
Digi - 'Please Drink Responsibly' by Stitchy Stamps at Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet
Best of K and Co Too - 12" x 12" paper pad
Crea-Nest-Lies XXL Dies - Stitched Ovals No 43
Crea-Nest-Lies XXL Dies - Stitched Circles No 41
Tonic Studio Dies - Frond Finesse die set
Graph-it Markers
Spectrum Noir Pencils
White Gel Pen
Sparkle Gems - The Range
Stardust Stickles
'Life' sentiment - Typed and foiled using Minc machine
Doily - coloured with Distress Ink pad - stash

We'd love to see your creations on the OSAAT blog there's a $10 gift coupon for our winner!



Check over on the blog - my DT teamies have made some wonderful creations to inspire you all.

Whilst I'm here I would like to thank you so much for all your support over the loss of Blossom (or Dirty Gertie as she was lovingly nicknamed), we really do appreciate your kind thoughts and understanding.

Big hugs to you all and I hope you are keeping well - I trust all the youngsters got back to school OK!


Love Sue xxx

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges - 

Digi Choosday Challenge Wk 37 - Anything Goes (2)
Love to Craft Challenge No 2 - Anything Goes (2)

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful card - love the image and embellishments thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous, brilliant fun image and great design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is a fabulous card I just love that image. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you post this fun card. Thinking of you. "Gertie" is missed. Richard sends his love.
    hugs Asha

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really nice creation Sue, wonderful design. Yes, butterflies do count as creatures for my linky party, however they have to be the focal point. Anyway, it is a really fun card and thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, my fault 'cos I was in a bit of a rush and didn't read the instructions properly. At least I now know that butterflies are welcome - lol. Hugs Sue Pxxx

      Delete
  6. Hehe Fun Card Thanxx For Sharing With Us At Our Anything Goes Challenge This Week At Lil Patch
    Sherry @ LPOCF DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, there you go, Soupie! I knew we were twins and this cinches it! Remember when I got that modeling gig for this image and then I came down with a case of spangles and you took over and they never even knew!! Ah, good times! Anyway, we look awesome all gussied up and showcased on this very purdy and very profound card! I loves it!! Keep on creating those moments!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun retirement card, love the tea in one hand and the martini in the other, lol. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Girls Creations and hope to see you again.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! Good luck!
    Tracyx DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just super ~ I love your project, its just beautiful. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    [Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super retirement card - love the image! Beautiful embellishments, too. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card - love your design.

    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Helen x
    (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! Where did you ever find this picture of me, Sue? LOL She is ah-mazing of course! Wonderful card design, and so much fun! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx