Sunday 5 July 2015

CRAFTY CALENDAR CHALLENGE - JULY - 'CHRISTMAS IN JULY'


Hi everyone - yes it's me again with another Christmas card - this one is for the Crafty Calendar DT and, as you may have guessed, our theme this month is 'Christmas in July'.   Absolutely no problem for moi 'cos they are my favourite cards to make!!



I used an image from Mo Manning which I bought some time ago but have never used.  She is such a cutie trying to catch the snowflakes on her tongue.  Of course I had to use a few die cuts on here as well - it would have been rude not to - ;o)   

Our prize this time is a Christmas Goody Bag 

Let's see your creations over on the Challenge blog - we'd love you to become a follower as well but it's not an obligation - just join in and post your cards for us to see.  

We are also looking for a couple more DT members - all you have to do is put the initials DT after your name when you enter your card onto our blog.   We don't have many rules as a DT member, the main important ones are that you need to make one card per month and also comment on the number/s you are given.  Simples!

Ingredients

7" x 7" white card blank - Anna Marie Designs
Digi - 'Taste of Winter' by Mo Manning
Embossing Folder - Winter Wishes by Creative Expressions (I think)
Spellbinders Dies - Labels 35
Creative Expressions Dies - Finishing Touches - Trailing Ivy die
Creative Expressions Dies - Festive Collection - Classic Poinsettia die
Creative Expressions Dies - Festive Collection - Filigree Poinsettia die
Lea'bilities Dies - Holly Leaves and Pine Branches dies
'Merry Christmas' sentiment die - Cheery Lynn Designs
Red Glitter (On the edges) - Lelli-Bot Glitter pots
Red Satin Mirri card - stash
Pearls - stash
Flexmarkers

Today is not as hot as yesterday so I'm a very happy bunny - the cats seem happier as well!  Donny has been wandering into my craft room and flopping down on the floor with a huge - and I mean huuuuuge - sigh!  He then gets up and winds himself around my legs until I get the brush out!!  This is one weird cat, if either of us puts our hand down towards his head he flinches then claws come out and he thwacks us!  If I put a PINK brush down towards his head he bumps into it and I have to then groom him - 10 minutes later (or longer if he feels like it) he falls over onto the floor and nods off.  Half an hour later he's 'asking' me (same tactics as before) for another groom.  I'm sure I've removed enough fur to stuff an old settee!  Must admit he looks a lot less fluffy now and much cooler!  I just need to sort out his flatulence problem and he'll be even more gorgeous - just like his missus, Blossom.

That's me sorted, I hope you will enter our challenge this month and thank you for checking out my blog.  I'm just off to do some commenting before I start my next card.

Big hugs to you all and thank you for your comments.  Take great care and keep cool!


Love  Sue xxx

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges - 

28 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Sue. Love that stamp and those dies are delicious!! I used the pony's tail rake on Suzy the dog to thin out her coat...she looks skinny but cooler!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, aren't cats so funny. Teallach hates getting groomed, and he is quite long haired and needs it.
    Gorgeous card, I just love this cute image and your poinsettias and greenery are wonderful, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sue, I like the image the colours and the die cut poinsettia
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Sue, I love that adorable image, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, what a gorgeous designed card with that No Manning image. Oh I see you now have two well loved cats who own you two? It has been lovely to read how that have come such a long way in that not so long a time. Have you got a purple steam generator iron, I have one and love it, then again I do like ironing. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue, me wonderful blogging mate.
    another really gorgeous creation here.
    That Mo image is fab, and coloured purrrrrrrrrrrfectly as usual.
    Sorry couldn't help the pun. lol.
    Winderful designing as usual oops that should be wonderful, I'm getting carried away with your Donny's flatulence.
    Super poinsettias and fab colours.
    Great photography fro the Maestro as usual.
    I am having troubles with designing your B card at the mo. lol.
    I have a lot to live up to with your wonderful creations.
    Love and big hugs or in your case as you are a shrinking Sue small hugs. lol.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Sue, such a sweet image and beautiful detailing. The poinsettias look stunning.
    Awww Donny sounds adorable. One of our cats, Milton, hates being brushed where the newest addition to our family love it!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, Sue... Mr P sends kisses to Miss B. He's missing her so much. All that pining is wearing him out so he's having a nap to recover his strength for some serious snogging! He's a randy so and so!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue
    That's it, blame the cat eh?
    Fabulous card. Love the florals. I still walk along in snow trying to catch the flakes on my tongue lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Christmas card! Love those gorgeous blooms and the greenery dies are fab. Think I may just have to get those pine needle branches...they are beautiful!

    Great card, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Christmas card! Love those gorgeous blooms and the greenery dies are fab. Think I may just have to get those pine needle branches...they are beautiful!

    Great card, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this Christmas card the image and goodies, it is gorgeous.xxx
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Love LOVE this adorable card, Sue! I recognized the MM image immediately, and just love the color choices pretty card design. The lacy poinsettias are lovely and lend elegance to your darling card.
    Donny sounds like a dream - so sweet and enjoyable. There is nothing like our fur children, is there? hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for joining us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge. Your card is fabulous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Card !!!
    Thank you for entering the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #01, best of luck with your wonderful card and hope you keep joining in our monthly challenges.
    Don't forget, all winners will go into the March Challenge by special invitation for the Champion of Champions for all categories.
    So keep joining in the fun.
    Cheers
    Annette DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully done..Thanks for joining Kitty Bee Aloha Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful thank you for joining us at the world wide open DT challenge
    Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for joining us at the World Wide Open DT Challenge. Love it.
    Heather DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card! The flowers and greenery are just fabulous. Thank you for sharing with us at World Wide Open DT Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry!
    Vicki DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Sue, I like the image and the design, Thank you for joining in with us at The World Wide Open DT Challenge, Good Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, hello again Miss Sue! Your Christmas card is fabulous! I absolutely love the flower/ivy arrangement.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge Blog Looking forward to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Tina
    WWO DT
    Toadally Love To Craft {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sue this is another wonderful creation with great attention to detail and perfect for our FIRST challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {World Wide Open Design Team Challenge DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card, love the design and the wonderful poinsetta dies. Thanks for entering Emerald Faeries Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT For Emerald Faeries ~

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great project. Thank you for joining the challenge over at Cute As A Button!

    ReplyDelete
  25. ohhhhhh I really really love this awesome details and that die cut is to die for.

    Thanks for joining the monthly challenge here at Karleigh Sue challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Karleigh Sue. Good luck. Hope to see you again next time!

    Anne Lise ~dt~

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great card, thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty HazelNuts.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx