Sunday 1 June 2014

CCC(12) - SUE J'S (OLLIESMAM) THEME - NATIVITY

Hello there wonderful peeps - and welcome to my two new followers Linda and Lena, thank you so much for popping over to Planet Susie (a mad place!!)  Apologies for this being a little late, I should have posted it this morning but my card was only half way finished!   The marvellous maestro has now taken the piccy and here I am - better late than never methinks.

This fortnight it was my blog bud Sue J's (Olliesmam) turn to pick the theme for our CCC and she chose Nativity.  I found my pic on the internet from a Bing Colouring Page 'cos I couldn't find one in my collection of stamps or toppers!  I didn't start it until yesterday because I had left my Mojo in Scarborough with the awful wet weather.  I've posted a picture below of how it looked through the hotel window - bloomin' YUK!!!

Anyway here is my CCC Nativity card for you to look at -


The paper covering the actual card is more of a red rather than a purple but the daylight changed it slightly.  I feel I should have made the skyline a little darker now that I see it on here but then I would have had to make the sand darker so I left it.  No wonder my cards take so long, I am always tweaking here and there.  I said TWEAKING!!!!

Ingredients
7" x 7" white card blank - Anna Marie Designs
Nativity image - Internet (Bing Colouring Pages)
Christmas clear sentiment stamp - LOTV
Woodland Wishes Paper Pad - Nitwit at LOTV
Gold Circles One die - Spellbinders Dies
Star of Wonder die - Memory Box Dies
Poinsettia die - Britannia Dies
Holly Corner die - Cheery Lyn Dies
Flexmarkers
Card Candi - Craftwork Cards
Black card from stash

I am so grateful to you for stopping by my blog and would like to thank you for all the comments on my last card - they made me feel very happy and are such a boost to my confidence.  Before I leave you, I just wanted to post a couple of pics from a sunny Scarborough but I couldn't find any so I hope you will excuse these very wet and miserable looking ones.



Sue J was all for going surfing, but as I have a leak in me wetsuit we decided it wasn't a good idea, who knows what would happen if I got waterlogged around me flippers.  Shame I had left me puncture repair outfit at home.

On a happier note, Sue had made me a gorgeous wooden tag with vellum butterflies and a beautiful verse on it together with a Friendship booklet containing the picture of us both with Crafty Bob at the NEC - if I put the picture on the mantelpiece it should keep the cat away from the fire though!!!  Only joking - I was truly chuffed to bits with my pressies - (there was also some lace, pearls and ribbon trim for me to play with - yum yum!).  I think we rattled and cackled on for over 5 hours - we both have the most patient and adorable hubsters in the world and we are looking forward to next time already!!!

Oh well, I have kept you long enough, so thank you once again for stopping by and if you have had time to leave me some comments, I am grateful to you.

Big hugs to you all and take care of yourselves.

Sue xxx


19 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and so sorry you had rain in Scarborough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue
    Beautiful nativity scene, poinsettias and papers making for a fab card.
    Not good having a leak in your wetsuit, though it would warm your legs up, hahaha!
    Be good and love to Blossom.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card card Sue. Image is great and I love the embellishments. I remember once at Scarborough with some friends walking along between the two winds and the waves came right up over the railings and the road. We got very slightly damp!!! Ha ha! We actually got soaked to the skin!!! Love and hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang on a bit while I hang me wetsuit up I've been out practising!!!! geeze that water really shakes your cockles up even had Ollie on the surfboard with me LOL you complete nutter hahahahaha! The weather was bloomin atrocious that day but at least we got to chat and chat and laugh and your right the lovely hubsters do so well hahaha..well your card is gorgeous missus and I will have to get that poinsettia die I love it and I can't wait for the NEC!!! lots of lovable huggablesssssssssssss Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. shame about the rain Sue....better today!.....just back from the great britishcraft festival at Bolton...packed hot...no food and long que for the loo......did I buy anything ....no!....loving your card...image is perfect and poinsettia's.... what more does a card need....xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Piccy was a great find on the internet. Looks lovely with those papers and gorgeous poinsettias. Sound like you both had a Funtime despite the rain . Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Sue. I love the image, fabulous colouring and beautiful papers.
    It's a shame about the terrible weather in Scarborough but it sounds like you had a fabulous time meeting up with Sue.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the warm welcome, Sue. Loved reading about your adventures :-) I love the card you made. The image is beautiful as are the papers and embellies you used. Your poinsettias look real! Very festive card.
    Hugs,
    Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh...what a shame about that crummy weather...but a few raindrops (or a deluge) never gets between friends...especially crafty friends!!! Wish I could have been there too. Bet you had a good natter and your pressies sound wonderful. I still have my gorgeous stick pins and treasure them so much. I have worn two of them in a flower posy already. The are perfect for pinning a corsage on a sweater or lightweight jacket!

    Your card is wonderful!...your background of your image looks perfect to me. The sky is so real looking and the sand colour is just right! The papers you chose look great and the poinsettias are beautiful!

    Sorry I am late getting round. I finished my 50th card so was finally unfrozen for consumables. Good thing as it was the LSS garage sale today... paper was 12 for a buck...I need more like a hole in the head...but more I did get! Got some lovely stamps and dies so I am a happy girl! It took 4 hours to see all the vendors as you had to line up to view tables there were so many people! Luckily they were selling pop and hotdogs etc as it was smoking hot today...I am sporting a bit of a tan. The sale is in the parking lot of the store and there were about 75 people when i arrived at 9:40. The sale started at 10am I rushed over to the lady who was selling House Mouse stamps for 3 and 4 dollars depending on size, but she sold out the 15 that she brought in just a few minutes! Got some other lovely stuff though but too tired now to put it away...that is a job for tomorrow! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this pretty card. Your S/B gold die cut so pretty, and was perfect for the sweet nativity scene. Your coloring on that image was just so nice, and I don't think you should have changed a single thing. Loved all the papers & embellishments that you added to enhance the card, such attention to detail. Enjoyed seeing the rain scene, and can just imagine how disappointed ya'll were to not be able to enjoy some sunshine while you were together. At least you could make your own 'sunshine' with your craft buddy. TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really gorgeous card sweetie. Sorry about your weather on your trip, we had similar weather and we went to France. Lol!! Still got to see Step-Daughter that was the main thing. Glad you had a good craft time.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Sue, such a lovely scene and design..sorry about the rain on your trip :( hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Sue! I don't really feel anything with the skyline or the sand.. you have done an outstanding job with the colouring! Beautiful!
    P.S - Sorry that it rained on your trip but I'm sure you must have enjoyed!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect response to Sue's CCC challenge - a beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. a stunning card Sue - really beautiful - don't like the look of those clouds and rain though - yuk! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've made a very awesome nativity Christmas card, Soupie! The gang looks quite cozy and cheerful adoring the baby Jesus and I'm sure it's due in part to all the finery of paper and embellies that surrounds them on their card! Even a garden of poinsettias, which is as it should be!

    I have to say I'm a bit disappointed not to see piccies of you and Sue lifting your skirts and hopping over puddles or trying to paddle your shoes down the streets of Scarborough! Are they over on Sue's blog then? Okay, I'll go look. But no matter the weather, the important thing was the hours and hours of renewing and deepening friendship. That's what matters most!

    Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Sue, fab layout & love the colours! Shame about the weather in Scarborough, we've had rain & lovely sunshine today - I live there!!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx